Summer is the time when you are most likely to suffer from heatstroke, cramps due to heat and exhaustion. You should take all precautionary steps to avoid such heat related sickness. Heatstroke is something that can even threaten your life so you should treat it immediately. If you delay its treatment, it may result in fatal. It is common to happen when the body temperature is very high due to excessive exposure to heat. It is a severe form of heat illness and it is commonly known as hyperthermia. It is a condition when the body temperature becomes more than 40.6°C due to heat exposure and lack of thermoregulation. Any person can get affected with heatstroke. However, the people who are suffering from heart or lung disease are at a greater risk.
Some of the common symptoms of heat exhaustion are headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps, fatigue, flushed skin, fast breathing and lack of consciousness. If you want to seek immediate medical help, you should remain indoors. It is necessary for people to take some prevention. Here are some tips that can help you in reducing the risk of heatstroke:
• Get to know all the symptoms of heat related illness.
• Always be hydrated.
• Put on light coloured and light weighted clothes.
• Avoid vigorous physical activities in the hot season.
• Avoid consumption of caffeine or alcohol.
• Always apply sunscreen of SPF 15 before going out of home.
• Wear a hat and sunglasses when you are out.